Please click on picture for full view
Over the years, factors such as pregnancy, nursing, and the force of gravity take their toll on a woman’s breasts. As the skin loses its elasticity, the breasts often lose their shape and firmness and begin to sag. Breast lift, or mastopexy, is a surgical procedure to raise and reshape sagging breasts. It is done by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour. Also, the procedure aims to reduce the size of enlarged areola to give a more aesthetic and youthful appearance to the breasts.
You are an ideal candidate for a breast lift surgery if:
- You are physically healthy and maintain a stable weight
- You do not smoke
- You have realistic expectations
- You are bothered by feeling that your breasts sag, have lost shape and volume
- You breasts have a flatter, elongated shape or are pendulous
- When unsupported, your nipples fall below the breast crease
- Your nipples and areolas point down
- You have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- One breast is lower than the other
A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, will not change the size of your breasts or round out the upper part of your breasts. If you are looking for your breasts to look fuller or smaller, you might want to consider either breast augmentation or breast reduction surgery. Dr. Chahin will discuss with you this procedure, and what is mutually felt to be the best method of treatment to aid in achieving optimal results for you.